[TenTec] filter

Bob McGraw rmcgraw at blomand.net
Sun May 2 17:56:30 EDT 2021

The Noise Blanker function is about the best there is.   The use of
narrow selective filters will often make the pulse noise become a wider
pulse.    A wide filter is preferred.   But considering that the noise
is in the receive passband, there is little way to effectively filter it
out.

It however, depending on the radio and implementation of the NB system,
it may be good or not so good.    I find the hardware noise blanker as
used in the Tentec Eagle to be very effective on impulse noise such as
an electric fence.   However, the digital noise blanker as used in the
Omni VII is not near as effective.

Usually Noise Reduction systems {i.e. NR} aren't effective with this
type of noise.

73

Bob, K4TAX