[TenTec] Omni VII on FT8

Michael Rutkaus mrutkaus at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 05:53:40 EDT 2022

I tried for months to get it to work and gave up and bought a Yaesu FTDX10.
Similar problems to the latest writer here, everything seemed ok but would
erratically key the Omni VII.

If I were to go back to the Omni VII to try FT8 again, I would try
installing this USB port manager from the Yaesu site:

 FTDX10 SCU-17 USB Driver Virtual COM Port Driver Installation Manual
(2202-E)
<https://www.yaesu.com/downloadFile.cfm?FileID=17397&FileCatID=42&FileName=USB%5FDriver%5FInstallation%5FManual%5FENG%5F2205%2DE.pdf&FileContentType=application%2Fpdf>
 (
818.26 KB )
      FTDX10 USB Driver Virtual COM Port Driver (Windows 11/10)
<https://www.yaesu.com/downloadFile.cfm?FileID=17287&FileCatID=42&FileName=CP210x%5FUniversal%5FWindows%5FDriver.zip&FileContentType=application%2Fx%2Dzip%2Dcompressed>
 (
216.45 KB )

I think the Omni VII FT8 problem is a computer problem involving management
of the two ports, one controlling the Omni and one handling the Signalink.

The above program and user manual is at the bottom of this page:

https://www.yaesu.com/indexVS.cfm?cmd=DisplayProducts&ProdCatID=249&encProdID=1ABBC23C7EC57175A35CB0FDE7A639A0&DivisionID=65&isArchived=0

73
Mike]
K4QET