[TenTec] Jupiter 538

ROLAND HOWELL snowy.howell at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 17 08:15:09 EST 2023

Hi folks

The Jupiter arrived and onto the workbench.

Testing so far has yielded the following results:-

RF output on all modes is 2.5watts at 3amps current use.

On frequency.

When i try to TX the ALC lights up, not all modes.

RX appears to be ok, it is hearing the tone from my 2022e at -110dBm.

Should there be a shorting link between TX TXena, somewhere in my grey
cell i recall that a link should be fitted, but, perhaps not this radio.

Nice looking t/rx, may be a keeper, to add to my 2 x paragons,
omni6+,argosy 2 x 2 and omni 'd'.

As always advice and suggestions greatly appreciated

73

Snowy G0HZE