[TenTec] Omni.D 546

Bob, WB2VUF wb2vuf at verizon.net
Thu May 30 09:22:14 EDT 2024

Hi, all,

The Ten Tec PTOs are temperature compensated, but some are better than
others. On my Corsair, the temperature compensation capacitor is C9 on
the schematic, labeled "selected in production".  C9 is on the foil side
of the PTO board, so you can get to it without removing the PTO.  If you
have some negative temperature coefficient caps, typically N750, you can
try different combinations to improve the warmup characteristics. The
other option is to keep the radio on all the time.

73,

Bob WB2VUF