[TOEC] Big Thank You!

Mats Strandberg sm6lrr at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 14:35:09 EDT 2007

Hello all SAC friends!

Just arrived home to Rostov-Na-Donu from Moscow after a two hour plane
ride following a very interesting weekend at RK3AWL.

I do not have any scores ready now, but still would like to thank
everyone (from Big Guns to newcomers) who worked me during the
contest. Without your help and interest to QSY to 10 and 15 meters,
the result would have been a lot different.

Preliminary I had the pleasure to work 668 QSO:s and 161 multipliers.
This should be a good base for an attack of the existing Single Op
records both in Europe and accummulated. However, the important is not
to break records - the main thing is to give our Lady, SAC, the
deserved attention so that many other amateurs around the world will
consider to participate next year and make the contest even more
interesting!

It was a true pleasure to work you all on the bands and especially it
was a BIG "kick" to work so many 5-band QSO:s!!!  Peter (CEW), next
year we will make a 5B-QSO for sure, but after all, 4 bands in such a
short time is nothing to be sad about :)

The big excitement was to see that 10 meters opened up so nicely with
around 20 different important multipliers as a result!

As soon as I have the scores ready I will post them here and on 3830.

A BIG thank to the great friends at RK3AWL who makes me feel so
welcome in their nice Radioclub!

73 de RK3AWL (Op. SM6LRR)

(High time to sleep after more than 44 hours of being awake without a
single nap...