[TOEC] SAC SSB over 7100kHz?

Mats Strandberg sm6lrr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 00:11:38 EDT 2008

Hello all!

Yes I agree that the issue is quite interesting...

On one hand, the comments from Tomi is correct. The space for those who do
not have the permit to operate above 7100 will theoretically be more free.

However, the huge predicament is of course an RTTY crowded SAC (SSB) part
(7040-7090) thanks to the unfortunate collision between CQWW RTTY and SAC
SSB.

OH and LA can focus a lot of their operating time above 7100 and only rarely
move down to the nightmare on 7040-7090 for multipliers and for catching
stations which also are not allowed to transmit on the upper part (like
myself and all other Russians I suppose?)

Needless to say, during a sunspot minimum year, this unclear situation will
*strongly* favour those who have a chance to transmit on both segments.
Subsequently, the country competition will also suffer from the fact that
different conditions apply for different countries... However, this fact can
also push the adrenaline into those who need to fight a little more for the
victory ;)

How to solve it less than three weeks before the SSB part is a troublesome
issue. I guess we just have to respect the possible inconvenience and hope
that most people follow the recommendation to use 7040-7090...  or maybe
hope they will not... in order to make it at all possible to work in that
segment ;)

Next year I think (am I right?) that SM also has the possibility to work
above 7100? What about OZ, OX, OY, JW and JX?

**
*Conclusion*:  SAC needs (sorry for repeating it...) an active *Contest
Committee*, not only to make the handling of the PR & Marketing works, log
correction, presentation of results, delivery of awards and plaques more
efficient - but even more important, for a quick minor adaptation of rules
in case of necessary like in this case.

73 and see you in the CW and SSB parts

R3/SM6LRR, Mats    (RK3AWL in SAC)