[TOEC] [OZ-CONTEST] Realtime features from Radio Arcala in CQWW SSB

Mats Strandberg sm6lrr at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 23:27:43 EDT 2012

Oh, we have a Scandinavian Paul Kane also :))

Spontaneously I was about to question why on earth cqcontest.ru would place
a participant in Assisted category just because the results were being
forwarded by internet.

Why do we normally use the definition "Assisted"?  What does it really
mean?  Does it have a meaning that can not be interpreted in several ways?
The questions are many, and I am sure the answers not less.

In my interpretation, Assisted means to use aids that will simplify making
contacts. It could be cluster, local skimmer, Reverse Beacon network.

However, the forwarding of my online scores to a common internet site like
cqcontest does not simplify the work to find new contacts, does it?

I know that your "soulmate" EI5DI, Paul, is using the internet as an
automatic disqualification for real contesting. I might agree in many cases
that internet in the form of clusters, skimmers, RBN is making it a lot
easier to increase the QSO amount, but in what way does cqcontest live
scores do that?

I would say, the term Assisted is defined by using tools that make QSOs
easier available. Online scoring hardly does.

73 de RM2D, Mats