[TOEC] SJ2W CQWW SSB 2012

Mikael Larsmark mike at sm3wmv.com
Sun Oct 28 20:26:12 EDT 2012

Hejsan

Det blev en lyckad helg, inget gick sönder och kondsen kan man inte alls
klaga på.

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: SJ2W
Operator(s): SE2T SM2LIY SM2WMV SM3JLA
Station: SJ2W

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Da Traesk
Operating Time (hrs): 48

160: 187 10 55
80: 201 23 90
40: 1129 34 125
20: 2124 36 138
15: 1644 34 133
10: 1358 40 145
------------------------------
Total: 6643 177 686 Total Score = 11,726,444

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Not as good propagation's as last year so we could not reach last years
result.
We can not complain though since we pretty much had no aurora at all
during the
whole weekend. The only sad part was that the SFI dropped just before
the
contest which made us lose some of the night propagations on 15/10m but
20m was
absolutely amazing during the first night. We did more running on 10/15
this
year which also explains the drop in our 20m numbers compared to last
year. It
was nice to end the contest with several good hours of US runs on 20m as
result. Hats of to the other EU teams that keep competing in the this
category
which must be the toughest one in this contest.

We had fun but we are lacking operators as usual, it seems like
contesting in
SM2 is not very popular, which is a bit sad.

Everything worked great and we used N1MM instead of Win-Test,and it
worked
great during the whole contest and will be used in the CW part as well.
We had
three stations running but still no inband option, hopefully its
completed for
the CW-part. We lack good flexibility on 20m which I hope to improve for
the CW
part with a 5el mono that is rotatable for 20m.

FT1000MKV + 4-1000A
FT2000 + ACOM 2000A (from Ojojoj Music AB)
IC-7400 + 4CX1500B

Rest of the station information can be found on the web page. You can
also
follow the building progress of the station.
http://www.sj2w.se/contest/