TopBand: Electric fence wire for Beverages?

Bob Morris K2RK robrk@fyi.net
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 09:05:43 -0800

Alfred J. Frugoli wrote:

> I know I've seen this discussed before, but here goes again.  Anybody
> have experience using electric fence wire for Beverages?  Thanks.
> --
> Al, KE1FO, ex. KE6BER    mailto:ke1fo@contesting.com or ke6ber@tiac.net
> Check out my web page, http://www.tiac.net/users/ke6ber for summaries
> from the contest reflector and a growing list of amateur radio links.
>
> --
> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/topband.html
> Submissions:              topband@contesting.com
> Administrative requests:  topband-REQUEST@contesting.com

I found a couple of rolls of 15ga (?) aluminum wire at the electric
fence store. 1/4 mile for $18....Dig in the pile or ask them to order.
I used the small aluminum ground clamps for connections and gooped with
RTV. Also used SS bolts and double nuts, with coax copper under one and
AL wire under the other. 80 & 40 inv V's up for 4 years..

GL