TopBand: DX HOGS

dave.sharred@sagem.co.uk dave.sharred@sagem.co.uk
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 15:00:25 +0000

We have seen some correspondance recently on the topband reflecor
concerning band allocations; phone and operating styles (particularly EU)
etc; there's not much said about DX Hogs; last night I had a frustrating
time:

Not working XZ1N - he went QRT when his sigs were at their best here
(abt 2330z; before his sunrise!)

Not working 5X4F - megga pile up for him; reasonable sig. Gave up at
00:00z due to local QRN and frustration here

You couldn't help notice the same calls in there to work 'em; as though
they are a magnet for the pile up; to see who can get through first. Many
well known calls in there; they are just preventing the rest of us from
getting through!  I know that they aren't new countries for the louder sigs
as well !

Guys; why don't you just stand by; let the ones who are more likely to
need it fer a new one try first; rather than joining in to see who can bust
the pile up first all the time!

No doubt you will have to work 'em again at the weekend; to "give 'em a
point"

Or am I just jealous 'cos I didn't work 'em ?

Dave; G3NKC