TopBand: Topband frequency synopsis

dennis g. peterson dennisgp@mut1.muscanet.com
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 17:21:58 -0600

>Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 17:20:05 -0600
>To: k8unp@shadow.net
>From: "dennis g. peterson" <dennisgp@muscanet.com>
>Subject: Re: TopBand: Topband frequency synopsis
>
>At 12:08 PM 11/20/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>What you do not understand about the band plan is that it accomodates
>>operators who want to use BOTH modes with one antenna which many times has a
>>very narrow 2:1 SWR bandwidth.  Not everyone can have an antenna which will
>>be 150 KHz wide on 160
>>>
>>Pete K8UNP
>>
>>k8unp@shadow.net
>>
>>Dear Pete;  The bandplan has nothing to do with what kind of an antena one
has or will be erecting.  The ARRL and or FCC and or IARU could care less
about your antena.  That's what you SUPPOSEDLY learned how to do through the
testing process and learning from doing unless ONE SOLELY MEMORIZES THE
QUESTION AND ANSWER POOL which I feel many are doing and also teaching their
young kids how to CHEAT as I don't know how a 7 or 8 year old can pass and
EXTRA, ADVANCED AND OR GENERAL CLASS EXAM when there is so much high tech
math involved and these kids are just learning their math multiplication
tables etc.  I thoroughly understand the band plan and 160 meters as I've
been here for 21 years.  It doesn't make me an expert but I've been there
and done that what many are trying to acheive.  Yes, I would still like to
see a CW ONLY SEGMENT ON !^).  It's been long overdue for almost 10 years or
better.  Thanks for your input and "YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION".  73S
AND GOOD dxING DE N7CKDennis/0

			N7CKD's WORLD TOPBAND

			FREQUENCY ALLOCATIONS

     				TABLES