TopBand: Inverted V antenna on 160

Bill Hider n3rr@erols.com
Thu, 03 Oct 1996 00:46:58 -0700

Price, I have to disagree with your "theory" based on my practical experience with
inverted Vs on 160 used over the past 11 years.

In 1985 I put up an inverted V @ 52 feet.  The ends were 15 ft. above ground.  As ON4UN
said, I worked some DX, including VK, ZL, many EU etc.

Then, in 1994, I installed an inverted V on my new tower @ 134 ft.  The ends @ 95 ft (or
so).  Now I work all kinds of DX, break most pileups, in the contests and otherwise. As
ON4UN says, I have a good antenna.

My inverted Vs on 160 sure have worked well over the years.  I have never used an
inverted L, so I am not saying anything (good or bad) about them, just giving my opinion
on inverted Vs.

In fact, this antenna works so well, I've received comments from 160M regulars that I
shouldn't consider a change.

73!

Bill, N3RR@EROLS.COM