TopBand: Exceptional conditions!

Walter Miller aj6t@slip.net
Mon, 7 Oct 1996 00:48:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 6 Oct 1996, Bill Tippett wrote:

>         I'm surprised nobody is commenting on the exceptional conditions...

Bill,
Conditions certainly have been exceptional from the west coast the past
two nights.  On 6Oct96 at 0349Z I finally worked ZS4TX after weeks of
skeds with Bernie.  He was very loud (579) and gave me a 599.  This QSO
was especially satisfying since I had copied him weakly the previous night
but the QSO was lost in the QRM as the pileup trampled all over us trying
to work ZS4TX.  Tonight (7Oct96 0444Z) I worked SP2FAX for my first
topband European this season and a new country (#97).  The season is off
to a great start.  Now to find a South American to complete my seasonal
WAC.
73, Walt
Walter Miller, AJ6T    Saratoga, CA    USA   CM87
Reply to aj6t@slip.net