TopBand: conditions-desp. seeking HB0

David Schmocker david.schmocker@TWCable.Com
Mon, 07 Oct 96 14:57:01 CST

     It is fascinating that conditions can be spectacular in parts of the
     country and average in others.  While local 160m conditions were
     improved (I finally heard SP2FAX and some DLs and Gs), they were not
     terrific into Wisconsin.

     I did copy ZD8Z very well one night and a pair of ZSs a few weeks ago.

     A week ago, I copied an SV8 station on 1.840 SSB but just for brief
     periods (between the static crashes).

     It seems that each spring (here), well after U.S. east coast openings
     to EU develop, the propagation migrates westward eventually also
     enabling contact between midwestern (and western) U.S. and EU.

     Although the HB0 was recently reported on east coast many times, there
     still has been *no* copy here in the upper midwest.  I hope they keep
     trying.

     Things are getting better.  Hopefully the trend will continue.

     David.Schmocker@TWCable.Com        KJ9I