TopBand: Heil Pro Set

Brad Rehm bradrehm@texas.net
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 11:08:49 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 15 Oct 1996 Michauldin@aol.com wrote:

> Fellow top banders,
>
>      Since hearing is of utmost importance on especially 160 meters, I have
> an inquiry regarding headphones.  I have had a less than satisfactory
> experience with the Heil Pro Set using is on a FT-1000 and an OMNI V.  The
> output is very weak.  I am not sure if there is a mismatch problem or not.  A
> friend has noticed the same problem with his 1000MP.  Is this common with the
> Pro Set, or are we having a unique problem?
>
>      Thanks for any input.
>

>                                                                            73
> & DX,
>

>                                                                          Mike
> K5NU
>
> --
> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/topband.html
> Submissions:              topband@contesting.com
> Administrative requests:  topband-REQUEST@contesting.com

Here we go again....

Mike, try measuring the DC resistance of one of your Pro speaker elements.
It should be about 200 Ohms.  If it is not, you have one of the older
versions of the Pro, and Heil will send replacement elements on request.
(You check the resistance by using an Ohmmeter across the phone
plug--ground ring to tip or middle ring.)

73, Brad KV5V