TopBand: New Callsigns..Not to Fear, Pal

Christie, Mike k7rls@nettally.com
Tue, 24 Sep 1996 18:16:05 -0400

Hey Paul,

Yeah, the W4DX issued at the last minute "grabbed" a bunch of us GATE 2 types.

Turns out to be legit. Seems W4DX was the [maternal side] grandfather of the
gent that picked it up. He waited to the last minute. It seems his grandad
wished a DX club to receive the call sign.
Turns out the DX club done doeed disbanded. Grandson gent very carefully
checked this out [respoectable of his grandad's past wishes] and once this
info was revealed...shoot!...he went for his grandad's call sign and he got
'er [just ahead of all us unwashed masses at the Gate 2, hi]. Dat be the way
I understand it. Any corrections out der?

73,

mike, k7rls/4
crawfordville, florida