TopBand: VK6VZ de N6TR/7

Larry Tyree n6tr@akorn.net
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 12:08:16 -0400 (EDT)

After last night's excitement, I got on the band around sunrise and
called CQ on 1829 kHz (1310 UTC).  A fairly clear signal came back
to my first CQ - very easy copy.  It was VK6VZ.  We had a nice QSO
and I found out he was running 100 watts to a 15 meter high inverted
L but a "great low frequency QTH".  He had some rapid QSB on his
signal - with a period of a few seconds, as opposed to the long
deep QSB that was on most of the European signals this season.

ZS4TX reports the band was very noisy at his QTH this morning.
If it had been quiet, I am sure we could have worked (yes -
you caught me dreaming of a one night WAC again).

I have updated my sounds ftp directory with a few new additions:
ZS8IR on 13 April, and DF2PY and VK6VZ from today.  I am also working
on wrapping a web page around the files to make it easier to find
what you are looking for and add some more comments.

You can find them via anonymous ftp to akorn.net in the
pub/HamRadio/N6TRLog/TopBand/ directory or from my web page
at http://www.axian.com/~tree/.

Tree N6TR/7
tree@contesting.com