TopBand: Fair conditions in CQWW on 160M from Dallas

sears@rell.com sears@rell.com
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 09:36:31 -0600

     Well I spent 6 hours on topband during the recent CQWW just trying to
     see if the 5A would show up. He didn't, but I did work 5V7A, and boy
     was he loud. I heard him for over 2 straight hours on Friday night and
     he peaked 599 on sunset Saturday. I managed to get 41 countries and 16
     zones, not as good as last year but Europe wasn't as good either.
     Another great signal worth mentioning was OH1MA/CT3, I heard him from
     Sunset till 0530Z Saturday night. Every time I would come back to the
     shack and operate, he was there CQ'ing.

     Peter
     W5PS