Re[2]: TopBand: A start -Reply

George Guerin George.Guerin@kellogg.com
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 15:46:06 -0500

--IMA.Boundary.644690188

  James Simon wrote:

>Rag, those were good points you raised. V26E was very loud and easy
>to copy here in the NE US, but I'm sure it was more problematic in Europe.

>While we are on that general subject, if anyone has a good relationship
>with V26KW, you might suggest to him that he not park himself on 1829.5
>during the next night or two so we have a chance of hearing 5A2A. Last
>night V26KW chose that frequency on a virtually empty band, I'm sure by
>accident-- though did not seem to be hesitant about taking over someone
>else's frequency during the CW WW test on 160 last weekend.

>In any event, several people asked him politely last night to QSY
>up a little, but perhaps he did not hear them, because he did not move.
>Tonight may be the last shot at the 5A operation on 160, so hopefully
>everyone will cooperate.

>73,  Jim   W1YY,  7J3AAC

     From local observations last night, 160 stunk.  Maybe 5A2A will come
     up on a lower frequency?  The only reason I didn't ask the V26 to move
     was I knew 5A2A was on 40 or 80 CW.  He did try 160 a couple of times
     but got no action and therefore was back on 7001 or 3507 quickly.  He
     even announced QSY 3799 SSB, but that fell apart as well, as there
     were other DX stations on 3797 and 3799.9 with big signals that were
     59+ in Michigan.

     The 5A2A signal on 40 CW was outstanding and they were begging.

     On 80 the signal ranged from 339 to 569 with slow QSB and more solid
     copy starting about 0530z when the operator sent USA USA UP 5 KN.

     George     K8GG
--IMA.Boundary.644690188--