TopBand: SP observations from ZS

gregsmi@dbn-pop.iafrica.com gregsmi@dbn-pop.iafrica.com
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 10:54:43 +0000

What an enjoyable, fun contest!.  I thought that having to send the
grid square would be too complex, but not so.  It makes the whole
thing more interesting.

I only managed 7 contacts, but it's a start.

Some observations from here.

	 Most consistent signals from Eu - GM3POI, followed by HA8BE.

	 First audible NA - K0HA, at 2346z.

	 All the stations I worked either answered my CQ, or came back to me
	 first time.  I called many others, who never heard me at all, not
	even a ??.

	 There was no sunrise lift at all.  Was this the same globally?

This is definitely one to put in my diary for next year.

BTW, can someone please put me right as to the correct useage of
"CFM".  Should it be used when giving confirmation, or requesting
confirmation?  I got rather confused abt its use for confirming grid
squares.

73, HNY, Greg, ZS5K