TopBand: W3UR Comments V5

Garry & Yelena ni6t@scruznet.com
Tue, 11 Feb 1997 18:14:58 -0800

jamesonl@VNET.IBM.COM wrote:

> After listening to W3UR "wax on" about other peoples operating habits
> I think I want to vomit. It seems that he is the "ace Ventura" of the
> lowbands, policing them at every opportunity. It's convenient that he
> can tap into a mega-station like LPL and reap the benefits that most
> of us have to pay real money for. And then to criticize others who
> know how to work real DX, yuk. While listening I think the V5 was
> asking for trouble by his operating habits. As a previous note said,
> Bernie is still a "wanna-be" lowbander.

I beg your pardon, but I did not catch your callsign.

Bernie's criticism of those who selfishly disregard a DX station's valid
attempt to work into a difficult region, or who attempt to disrupt a QSO
in progress is relevant and correct, as is his personal activism in
contacting whomever of these miscreants he can find. The disruptive,
childish and indefensible behavior he addressed is the prime symptom of
a disease that threatens to destroy the fun of lowband DXing for most of
us.

If you think such operating habits as he describes represent the
techniques of "real" DXers, then you, sir, are part of the problem.
--
Garry Shapiro, NI6T
Editor, "The DXer," newsletter of the NCDXC