TopBand: relayed message from S21XX

Dieter Dippel unrz45.MITARBEITER.RRZE.FAU@isis.rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 08:26:16 +0100

Hello dx-gang,
here is a message from the S21XX-Team ....

73 de Dieter, DF4RD
Bavarian Contest Club
http://www.rrze.uni-erlangen.de/~unrz45/BCC

Date sent:      Wed, 12 Feb 1997 22:08:18 +0600
From:           Samudra E Haque <haque@pradeshta.net>
Send reply to:  haque@pradeshta.net
To:             Dieter Dippel <dippel@rrze.uni-erlangen.de>
Copies to:      haque@pradeshta.net
Subject:        relayed message from Joerg Puchstein/S2

>From    Joerg Puchstein, YB1AQS[SMTP:dl8wpx@server.indo.net.id]

Sent    Wednesday, February 12, 1997 9:32 AM

To  'Dieter Dippel'[SMTP:dippel@rrze.uni-erlangen.de]

Subject     Greetings from S21XX

Hello Dieter,

best 73 from S21XX, Hannes, Joerg and Dietmar.

We had a lot of fun and met many fantastic people here.
Problems with the generator were fixed after the first two
days. Our qth is a garden lot 40km north of Dhaka with
enough space for our antennas. We've used again the Titanex
vertical, this time with 4 elevated radials.

Sofar we've made about 10,000 QSO's on all HF-Bands,
300 in RTTY, the same in SSB (most on 80m), all others in CW.

Prop's on lowbands were good specially the first two days,
made 23 x North America including KH6 on 160 over the pole
(likewise KH6 from Europe, hi). Just in case they still worry about:

AJ6T    K1AM    KA6W    VE7BS   W4DR    WJ1O
N1GS    K1ZM    KG6I    W1JZ    W4ZV    N6LL (just last night)
N4SU    K3IL    WW2Y    W1KM    W6GGC
NI6T    K6ANP   VE1ZZ   W3BGN   W6RJ    KH6AT

Europe and Asia - no problem, sofar in total 700 QSO's
on 160 and more than 2200 on 80, 145 of them with NA,
2500 on 40 with 245 NA. It could have been more, but on
lowband we're working only 'multi-single', what means we have
somehow to split the time between the bands.

Mar and I will stay until Friday morning UTC, then go to P29
meeting Falk DK7YY and Juergen DL7UFN there. Will try to
be active starting Thursday, 20th of February from Misima Isl.

Hannes will still be active until 18th on 40 to 10 meters
from here, the big lowband antennas will be with us on the
way to P29 :-)

Dieter, please forward this info's to the BCC-, DX- and Topband-
Reflector, maybe it's of some interest. I'm still not
directly connected until my return to YB on March 7th.

Thank's to Samudra, N3RDX/S2 for relaying this e-mail.
All other things later when we're back.

Best 73,

de S21XX Joerg, S21XY Mar and S21XZ Hannes

S21XX / YB1AQS: dl8wpx@indo.net.id