TopBand: 4S7RPG 20/21

reparkes@eureka.lk reparkes@eureka.lk
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 16:57:55 +0600

de 4S7RPG

thurs eve 20  1930 -2000hrs band was very noisey (intermonsoonal rains +
electrical storm) but bagged SM6CPY, OH1XX, and an RK.  The band was too
noisey to pursue further QSOs although think there were more there.  later
on 2100 and 2230 band was dead despite calling CQ.

At 0035 on 21 RW6BQ (think) was 339 at 0045 he was up to 449 and called him
and got a QRZ.  Meantime I called CQ on 25.5 but no takers on 37 or 04.  At
0058 finally worked the RW and got 559. he was up to 579 at this point.  A
couple of others then called 4K1?? and a UA but shot down to 25.5 and got
called by VE1ZZ at 579/569 at 0100.  Continued to call but no other takers.

What was surprising on a dead band at sunrise all I could work was a Russian
and VE1ZZ which one could say are at opposite ends of the spectrum so to speak!!

Hope to see some of you tonight - just hope the noise is lower and the SSB
QRM keeps away from the botom end since will be QRT from 4S7 shortly.

73s
Bob Parkes