TopBand: Manners

W8JITom@aol.com W8JITom@aol.com
Fri, 3 Jan 1997 11:15:17 -0500

>Re my "dart" Tom there is to much belly aching and complaining and
>comparing 160 to 20 meters etc.  This reflector is to be informational,
>not a place to flame or rehash the poor operating habbits of our fellow
>hams.

I understand your point, and mostly agree.

It is a good place to encourage operating practice changes, and to exchange
technical information. I think we *need* to keep on each other about
operating practices, and its MUCH better here than on top of a JY9 (which
happened again last night, right AFTER I was done with him <grin>).

Unfortunately, the reflector gets a little personal and even hostile at
times. It sure isn't a place to start a fist-fight or call anyone a name.
Disagreements are great, certainly when we all agree no one learns anything.
Personal insults directed to an individual or group are unnecessary when
making a point.

73 Tom