TopBand: 160M/Sun 1-26-97/Last Night

K1ZM@aol.com K1ZM@aol.com
Sun, 26 Jan 1997 21:32:58 -0500 (EST)

This is written 2355z Sun 1/26/97

I was away in the CQ/160M Contest at the "Project X" Site at WW2Y since
1/23/97.  Unable to file reports for 1/23-1/25/97 as we were operating in the
contest.

 We had a blast, working over 400 Europeans (250 the first night alone)
making a final score of just under 800K!

Note:  We did NOT hear VK0IR in the contest at all although they were postged
on 1810Khz once.

Tonight 1/26/97 I know VK0IR was on 160M from about 2210Z on 1826.8 or so.

However, NO SIGNALS here in SE NY at all.  Few callers, mainly BLIND into the
ether hoping for a miracle.

I listened until around 2350z with loud signals coming through from 5X4F on
1822.6 and VQ9QM on 1824KHZ.

Many thanks again to the VK0 team and the pilots for a great job during the
expedition.  This was a magnificent effort!.  I was pleased to help out in a
vy small way with 160M reception reports.

And, please  don't forget to remember the boys with a donation when you QSL
this one - it will go a long way towards helping offset what was a major
personal expense for each operator.

73  Jeff k1ZM@aol.com