TopBand: Proposed band plan for 160

K3BU@aol.com K3BU@aol.com
Sun, 9 Mar 1997 22:41:05 -0500 (EST)

I do not think there is a need to segment the band for various classes. There
is no need for digital modes on 160 (too noisy anyway), they have all the
other bands, especially WARC bands were allocated for that purpose. Lets keep
the 160 CW pioneers band for difficult DX work and SSB. As I outlined in my
summary regarding contest ethics I think the best arrangement would be:

1800 - 1830 CW exclusive
1830 - 1840  CW and SSB DX window  (with split freq operation encouraged)
 (That means LSB signal of perpetual CQers not to transmit below 1847 on
dial!!!!)
1840 - 2000  CW and SSB

This way, if there is DX in the window, and he is not split, you could go
there work him, and get out.

I recommend that we start observing this arrangement as GENTLEMEN's agreement
RIGHT NOW and see how it works. If needed, we can then include it in FCC band
plan and make it official for those who are not gentlemen (or gentle
whatever).

You get committeeee to work on this, they will screw it like everything else.

I invite all the 160 gentlemen to join me in observance of this plan.

73 Yuri K3BU, VE3BMV, P40A, op of CG1ZZ, N2EE etc.