TopBand: Stealth Wire Vertical

Lane C. Zeitler km3g@cts.com
Sun, 16 Nov 1997 20:06:51 -0800

Gentlemen,
I have a 50 foot + pine tree in my front yard that I would like to throw a
wire over for an "invisible" wire vertical. The bottom end of the wire
would be on my roof (radial end). The wire would be angled slightly at
about 30 degrees so the actual length of the wire to the top of the tree
would be approximately 70 feet. I COULD (optional) continue on to the other
side of the tree and attach to a street lamp post about 25 feet tall which
is made out of concrete and located in the very front corner of my yard. It
would look like an upside down inverted vee if I ran it this way. All
utilities are buried here. I would end up with something like this:
				     ^     apex ~ 50 feet
				   /    \
				 /        \
			          /	            \
		about 70' >    /    tree's      \       < about 30'
		this leg	     /          in           \        this leg
			   /	  here           \
			 /	(not N6TR)      \
		           /			street lamp pole here (everything
16' above ground         /				is underground) about 25' tall
 here on roof >>>      /   < <Radials go here
   	------------------------------------
	|			|
	|     KM3G's HOUSE	|

How small of a gauge can I go and still xmit with ~ 1300 watts from my old
reliable L4-B (converted to 160)??

Comments, opinions, and subjections most welcome. Flames okay just don't
curse : )  : )

Lane
KM3G