TopBand: VK9LX from the Black Hole

George Guerin George.Guerin@kellogg.com
Tue, 25 Nov 1997 10:33:43 -0500

--IMA.Boundary.980274088

     Hi Larry and Topbanders,

     This morning in Michigan VK9LX was 229 at best at 1215 zulu.

     Lots of Ohio 8's and lots of 9's calling.  I wonder if this was one
     way propagation or amp not working at the other end?

     On the 24th VK9LX peaked here about 1215, 25 minutes before sunrise at
     a good 579 and was very weak by 1230 zulu with sunrise at 1240!

Subject: TopBand: VK9LX from the Black Hole
Author:  Larry Menzel <lmenzel@millcomm.com> at BC_INTERNET
Date:    11/25/97 6:50 AM

GM, Listophiles,

Well, miracle of miracles...VK9LX was S9 into Minnesota this morning.
Great to put that one in the log...he's still very copyable as I write this
at 1235z.

Many guys must not have been hearing him well, I heard him come back to
K9BG at least three different times...sorry Jerry. I believe LX said he had
an S7 noise level,

Anyhow, I'll give the op style points galore, 'cause he's really sticking
with it, and waiting to make sure he absolutely gets you or can't get you.

Keep trying guys.

Larry N0XB
--IMA.Boundary.980274088--