TopBand: 5A2A

Bill Tippett btippett@CTC.Net
Tue, 25 Nov 1997 17:00:55 -0500 (EST)

Here's some additional info on 5A2A's antenna from Uli DJ2YA:

"they are NOT using a Titanex, but a half-wave dipole from the top of the
building (not very high, guess about 17m)..."

Also, here's some QSL info from their Web Page:

"We will make every effort to provide speedy QSL'ing after we return to
Germany. The QSL manager (for this operation only!) will be DL3KDV. Please
send your QSL's via the bureau to DL3KDV or directly to:

                           Dieter Voss, DL3KDV

                              Friedrichsthal 21

                           D-51688 Wipperfuerth

                                  Germany

If you plan to send your QSL by mail, please include US-$1 to cover our
postal expenses. Any excess funds are more than welcome and will be
exclusively used to help develop Amateur Radio in Libya. Please note that,
of course, we do not require any money in exchange for a QSL card, and will
happily confirm every contact made via the QSL bureau! Still, if you can,
please consider sending your card together with a little donation, as we
will bring quite a lot of equipment to Libya that will remain in the club
station. This places a heavy financial burden on the participants, and every
extra "green stamp" you can send will extremely helpful."

                                        73,  Bill  W4ZV