TopBand: VK9LX

James S. Danehy w9vne@fuse.net
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 22:37:35 -0500

I just got off the telephone with Dan (K8RF/VK9LI) at 0330 Z. He will be
leaving Lord Howe Island 2 hours after the CQ WW ends. I thought that
might be useful information. He did say that there is a remote
possibility that they could stay an extra but it is doubtful.

He will be on 160 (1.822 or 1.824) at 1100Z and maybe just a little
earlier than that. I have a schedule with him and it should not take
very long.

Dan says that they have separate logs for 160 and it is difficult to
check upon request whether you are in the 160 mtr log when you are
working him on another band. Please do not ask as it only slows him
down.

They had an excellent 10 mtr opening tonight into the USA east coast.

Dan has excellent ears. Catch him before the contest on 160 as he will
not be spending a lot of time running Qs on top band during the contest.
Remember he is leaving two hours after the contest is over.

Good Luck

Jim W9VNE
Cincinnati
Ohio