TopBand: 160M First evening

Patrick Collins pcollins@freenet.columbus.oh.us
Sun, 30 Nov 1997 10:00:34 -0500 (EST)

The point is I and probably many others don't care to see your or anyone
elses disparaging comments either anonymous or otherwise about anyone.
Perhaps you should follow one simple rule.  Read, think about and
perhaps rewrite what you write have written before you hit the send button.

Since you certainly know the 8-landers call perhaps a personal note would
have been more appropriate.  You can look up e-mail addresses at QRZ.COM
or at CONTESTING.COM.  I note that you are using juno for e-mail so you
may not have an internet provider.  Check your local library they may
have public terminals available.

On Sat, 29 Nov 1997 km1h@juno.com wrote

> On Sat, 29 Nov 1997 15:39:45 -0500 (EST) Patrick Collins
> <pcollins@freenet.columbus.oh.us> writes:
> >W8/W9
> >seems to have had the worst of the propagation in this contest.  Only
> >loud
> >stations here were OH's.  QSB was extremely bad.  Did anyone else in
> >W8
> >notice this?  Went outside to find the qth fogged in.
> >
> >Funniest thing was listening to W8LRL tell someone that the dx window
> >was
> >1825-1830!
> >
> >Has per the W8 comment from km1h (being I seemed to be the only W8
> >calling
> >most stations!).
> >
> > If you are refering to me than you
> >probably didn't listen long enough to here the dx confirm my call.
>

> How would I know...I dont have any idea what your call is. As far as
> listening...believe me I spent plenty of time listening to this
> guy...they were never confirmed at that time. Maybe worked again
> later...dunno...dont care. The point is he didnt have a clue what was
> going on.
>

> >Many
> >times the station would come back to me only to have my QSO QRM'd by
> >the
> >east coast dipole crowd or the QSB/QRN to mask the signal.  I think
> >most
> >people only log those who confirm the call and I think your last
> >comment
> >you have jumped to a typical false conclusion.
>

> Touchy, touchy....but I hate to inform you that there were several 8
> landers active. So dont get off in a snit...just yet.
>

>   Bring your slinkey's
> >to Ohio
> >sometime and operate. Then you'd know what it really takes to operate
> >topband.
>

> Maybe I could teach you a few things then....that I learned over 25 yrs
> ago in Illinois. It requires skill..not just a lot of noise.
> BTW, the SNR was much better on the Slinky's last night compared to the
> wire Beverages.
>
> Have fun....Carl   KM1H
>

> >Heard VK9LX, but they didn't seem to try to work anybody. Just QRZ?
> >QRZ?
> >

> >On Sat, 29 Nov 1997 km1h@juno.com wrote:
> >
> >> As usual a few of the multis were deaf and missing many callers.
> >Also,
> >> one 8 land station will probably set a record for stations logged
> >but not
> >> worked....at least he was usually heard giving reports while the DX
> >was
> >> calling CQ or working someone else.  A typical contest on Topband!
> >

> >--
> >FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/topband.html
> >Submissions:              topband@contesting.com
> >Administrative requests:  topband-REQUEST@contesting.com

> [...]