TopBand: Arizona Cactus Report

Terry Hahn w7kw@earthlink.net
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 08:05:25 -0700

Nice to hear the European DX again.

Last nights opening was similar to the one we had just a short time ago.
The signals were a bit better here last night but still nothing like the
signals the guys in the northern states (CO, MT, WA, OR, N. CA )had. I
could hear and was able to copy G3PQA and JW5ZM.  They were extreamly
weak here and the QSB would take them completely out at times.

I have 5 different receiving antennas here 2 loops 2 Beverages (450')
and one 2 wire beverage that I can steer.  Signals were about the same
on all of them.

Much better than the last opening but still "NO JOY" !!!

"DX IS"    de Terry W7KW (Cave Creek, AZ)