TopBand: Re: KH8 from 1680 feet

Jon Barclay N5JA N5JA@contesting.com
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 22:34:02 +0100

Well, Mother Nature didn't cooperate with us last night-- we had
rare thunderstorms here in KH8.  Every time I'd convince myself
they'd moved away, there'd be a flash or boom, and since our dipole
was hung from the best lightning rod on the mountain, I couldn't
muster the courage to try to QRV.

We'll try again tonight if the weather cooperates-- this will be
our last night to try from up there, most likely.  We will also
try to QRV at our sunrise.

We have lots of computer noise and such, so I'll have to hunt a
quiet spot-- I think 1828.5 to 1829.5 is relatively clear, with
a noise level during the day of S5 to S6, and I'll try to stay
clear of the KH5 if they show up.

73,
Jon
KH8/N5JA