TopBand: dx

W7lr@aol.com W7lr@aol.com
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 09:18:44 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks to my wife, Cobi, who needed a sleeping pill at 4 am, I staggered out
of bed to listen for dx.  There was ZL7AA calling cq on 1830.1 with a good
signal and good operator, so quickly got a new one.  Called NE9Z and he did
too.
Yesterday tried to hear the KH5 on 75 ssb, but hardly a whisper.  Then he qsy
160.  Had a ssb qso on 1826.5 at 1309z and a cw qso on 1827.2 at 1416z, also
for a new one.  Wow two new ones on one log page.  The KH5 worked only a few
but including some W0, as he was really weak.  KH8/N5OLS was active this
morning (our friday morning) between 10z and 13z on various frequencies
between 1825 and 1829 khz. 73 Bob W7LR