TopBand: KH5 QRT?

Ward Silver hwardsil@WOLFENET.com
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 09:48:23 -0700 (PDT)

Got lucky this morning at 1415Z and bagged Chuck on KH5...perhaps I was
the W0 to which W7LR referred.  VK6VZ was calling Chuck, but I never heard
him get through which was strange; VZ was at least 6dB louder than
KH5...go figure.

Tuning by a few minutes later I heard Chuck send "...ST CONTACT FROM KH5
73 KH5/N4BQW" and then he was gone...maybe he is QRT now.

It was an interesting morning; V8EA was REALLY loud on 80m about the same
time working JA's and the Big Guns from 6-land.  About 1450Z there were
several loud LP/EU's on 40m when MiniProp indicated a s/n ratio of -50dB
maximum.  The opening was quite good; I heard DK3FW (solid 559, peaking S6
or S7), DJ9IE, F8-something, and GM3POI.  Finally made my first 40m LP/EU
QSO with Clive...bear with me...little pistols with 100W don't have much
luck on 40m LP :-)

73, Ward N0AX