TopBand: Zone 2 QRV

km1h @ juno.com km1h@juno.com
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 16:18:12 EDT

This AM VE2QRZ started CQing on 1830 at 1030Z. This is John WB2K at the
key as has been mentioned here earlier.
After a few USA contacts he went into a CQ VK3AJJ mode. As usual ,
several  brain dead US hams kept calling him and he would actually answer
a few which added to the problem.
He finally QSY'ed to 1831 to get away from the NA BC harmonics but was
constantly plagued by US/VE callers even when calling VK3AJJ "only" .

It really bothers me when so many...including MANY on this list...just
ignore the request and keep calling.

Hey guys...Zone 2 is NOT RARE in NA but it is the last zone for many of
our overseas friends....cut them some slack please.

73   Carl  KM1H   38 Z cfmd on 160 so "I feel ur pain" !