TopBand: KURE ISLAND KH7K DXPEDITION DETAILS

Terry Hahn w7kw@earthlink.net
Thu, 04 Sep 1997 06:22:26 -0700

DX Friends-

The Midway-Kure DX Foundation is pleased to announce the addition of
three highly experienced DXpeditioners to our Kure Island KH7K
DXepdition to take place 26 September through October 04 October.

Joining the team is Yugi Yoshitiani JA3IG, Randy Martin K0EU and Michael
Goode N9NS.  The rest of the team, Andy Chesnokov UA3AB, Erik Sjolund
SM0AGD, Burt Myers W0MY, (exW0RLX) and Kimo Chun KH7U. Join with me in
welcoming these DX vetrans to the team.

The DXpedition will be an ALL-BAND, ALL-MODE effort with plans operate
four HF stations continously.  We will be equipped also with two
antennas for each band including a number of Force-12 antennas for each
band in addition to antennas by Cushcraft and TITANEX for 160 Meters.

QSL manager will be Bob Johnson KE7LZ, 5627 West Hearn Road, Glendale,
Azizona 85306.

Also assisting will be three support "pilot" stations, Wayne Mears AL0E,
(ex WB6EQX), Terry Hahn W7KW and Bob Johnson KE7LZ.

As with the Modway operation of last year, we will be placing much
emphasis on working DXers in different propagation areas, especially
Europe and Africa, yet with the increased number of stations, antennas
and operators we expect to be able to fulfill band and mode needs from
all areas.

Best 73's to all

Frank Smith  AH0W OH2LVG
Midway-Kure Island DX Foundation