TopBand: KT34

km1h @ juno.com km1h@juno.com
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 11:13:06 EDT

On Mon, 15 Sep 1997 14:20:47 +0100 Peter Chadwick
<Peter.Chadwick@gpsemi.com> writes:
>Bill,
>
>>Dave, I installed a KT-34XA in 1983 at my previous Colorado location
>and
>>grounded all parasitic elements to the boom primarily for lightning
>>protection and to hopefully minimize precipitation static.
>
>Did it work for reducing precipitation static?
>
>73
>
>Peter G3RZP

Good info Bill, I sent a post prior to receiving yours. I forgot about
that setup of yours in Colorado.

In my case the percipitation static reduced a bit on the 4el 40M when I
grounded the parasitic elements. The final step was to replace the
ferrite balun with a coax one and add 500uh chokes (low DC resistance ~ 5
Ohms) from each phasing line to the boom.

The static is now comparable to other all DC grounded yagis in use here.

73   Carl  KM1H
 -
 ---