TopBand: New concept for Lowband DX Receiving!

Bill Tippett btippett@CTC.Net
Tue, 07 Apr 1998 09:53:15 -0400 (EDT)

        I received an interesting response from one of our subscribers
who works for the FCC:

"My employer has used a bi-directional version of this sort of antenna
for over 50 years, called the "Adcock Array."  They work very well.
The Adcock Array is used for direction finding in the MF and HF
spectrum.  It is typically mounted at the top of a telephone pole and
has a continuous-rotation type motor turning the array boom."

        Maybe the idea is not so new but this is the first time I
am aware that amateurs have used it.  It will be interesting to
learn more about it.

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV