TopBand: STILL ALIVE!

BILL MCHUGH vertex@execulink.com
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 11:15:40 -0700

Last night CE8ABF had an excellent signal around 0300, first on CW about
1842 and then on SSB.  I hardly ever work SSB but somehow managed to
work him at 0345 even though I rolled up the "winter radials" from the
back pasture last weekend.  He worked a slew of EU and then listened
generally for anyone...I heard a few get him, but propagation seemed to
be missing much of the lower 48 since a lot of guys called but he
answered very few.

This AM F00FR had a really good signal on 80 but when he QSYd to 1824 he
was just at the noise level here.  No joy on this one.

But it looks like trans-equatorial DX is getting better, so let's hope
we hear a few more SA stations on.

73, Bill VE3CSK