TopBand: A45XR

Ryszard Tymkiewicz rtym@ippt.gov.pl
Mon, 03 Aug 1998 08:53:31 +0200

Hello All,
I'v had yesterday very nice and long meeting /+barbecue and beer HI/ with
Chris SP5EXA/A71CW/A45XR and his wife.
As you know Chris is very active on all bands /except 30m/ as A45XR but he
is keen on Topband as we are.He is going to be in Oman for a longer time/few
years/  and coming season is going to pay much more attention to NA.Anyway
condx from A45 to US are worse than from A7 he said.
Chris is using 20 m vertical on the roof of his house but the main problem
is receiving side /he just finished Jeff's K1ZM book about "alligators" HI/.
I'v gave him copy from QST about K9AY receiving loop which seems to work
quite well /at least in my garden/ and he will built it very soon.He is also
very interested in a new Titanex receiving antenna and maybe he will
purchase it in an autumn.
He is leaving Warsaw this week for one month stay in Quatar and afterwards
to Oman.
I'v ask him to join our Reflector and I hope he will do that soon.

                  73 Rys SP5EWY

P.S.Nothing so far from EU1TT,so be patient.