TopBand: duplicate DXPedition qsos

n7ng@m4.sprynet.com n7ng@m4.sprynet.com
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 07:32:43 -0800 (PST)

One thing to keep in mind when questioning a high rate of dupes on Topband
is that to be certain of a QSO is not a simple matter.  "But these guys
have been posted as being in the log" you say!  I say "Just because the DX
station logged me doesn't mean I had a two-way QSO."  I have seen many
requests for QSLs from rare places where the contacts simply didn't meet
any standard for a two-way QSO.  The callsigns were in the log but the
station didn't respond, so I took it out of the log.  Think about it:  The
guy didn't even need to own a receiver to get that far.  This is why I
dislike the "web log".  Beacon DXing lives! Sorry, one-way QSOs don't do it
for me.  How about you?

73,  Wayne, N7NG