TopBand: Re: CN2IB

Bill Hohnstein k0ha@navix.net
Wed, 04 Feb 1998 21:19:26 -0800

.
  CN2IB had a respectable signal (569) yesterday 4 Feb around 0610z
on 1827 kHz.  I worked him at 0608 and posted him via the OH2BUA
WebCluster.  Unfortunately, it was one of the WebClusters unresponsive
days for my posts.  Less than 20% of my spots were actually posted.  I
had to send CN2IB's a second time before it was actually posted.  At
about exactly that time he left 160.  I don't remember hearing him
work any other stations (stateside or otherwise) during the time that
I was listening (& didn't hear any other callers).  Is there a better
way for us nodeless people to post spots?  Via TELNET works excellent
but those don't like my frequent connects/disconnects caused by my
Internet $/minute rates...
  It was an excellent Nebraska/Africa opening last night.  3DA0CA and
ZS5K both had 599 signals around 0325z.  3DA0CA had few callers from
about 0335 until he gave up at 0347 (he was still 569 then).
  Only a fair opening to Europe last night though I did work several
new stations.

73,  Bill     K0HA