TopBand: 3DA0CA

Chris R. Burger crb@nanoteq.com
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 09:00:06 +200

I'll take care of correspondence.  Please hold on sked requests etc.
until he's had a chance to work some guys and establish a routine.

Chris R. Burger
ZS6EZ

>From Jon Rudy 3DA0CA:

I finally have a full sized 160 dipole up.  It is about twice the overall
height of my 80 meter dipole but the feedpoint is only at about 10
meters.  The ends are about 20 and 15 meters above the ground.  I have
had to add some extensions on the end to drop the resonant frequency.
Unfortunately it still has a center frequency of 1875.  I need to do
some more work on it as the tuner in my amp still does not match it.
SWR at 1830 is 3:1 which limits my power to about 200 watts out.
When I get it tuned properly I can get about 450-500 watts out of the
amp.

I will be on almost every morning (my time) at 0300Z till 5 minutes after
sunrise.  Today sunrise was 0310z.  I will be somewhere in the 1825-1830khz
range with QSX of 5 up or so.  Listen for details.  Would prefer not to do
skeds at this point due to my busy January schedule at work.  I will see how
many of you I can work just by being on in the morning.

I did work EI0CF this morning and he had a true 599 signal.    Heard DK7SU
and DK8YY but with low power they didn't hear me.

73 and hope to see you on top band...jon rudy, 3da0ca

P.S.  QSL via W4DR