TopBand: BY1QH and JU2DX

Garry & Yelena ni6t@best.com
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 23:32:37 -0800

What I did not see mentioned was that not only did BY1QH appear with an
impressive signal here on the Left Coast, but JU2DX appeared later on,
so the feeding frenzy moved up the band a few kHz.

Quite a few happy left coasters worked BOTH stations, virtually
back-to-back, and that meant two new ones and a new zone for most of
them. I don't suppose things get much better out here.

JU2DX did indeed show up a bit earlier today, and I hope the trend
coninues. I was not there for the whole show--having sacrificed half a
night's sleep or more every night for the past week, in the vain hope of
again hearing XW30, I was so damned tired, I just went and crashed after
logging Merv at BY1QH, and snored through sunrise.

I would suggest to rightcoasters that they seek JU2DX on 20m and arrange
an opportunity.
--
Garry Shapiro, NI6T
160 meters: not a band, but an obsession