TopBand: 5B4ADA 160M QSOs

John Shew Jshew@erols.com
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 22:26:28 -0500

Rich

Tks a million for the call last nite and congratulations on #160 on
160...your good for the One Sixty Squared Award--not that it exists but
it should.  5B4ADA was well above the high noise here and came back on
the first call (0502Z) and although I had to wake up, get out of bed,
throw some clothes on, convince the dog it was not time for her morning
walk, run to the basement, put the top of my amplifier back on -- I had
been working on it earlier in the evening -- turn the rig on, change the
antennas, locate the station, tune the amp, 5B4ADA was in the log 9
minutes after your contact.  You must have completed your qso and dialed
my number on the phone in a single highly coordinated manuever! And
because I didn't really wake up until after my Qso for #153 - seven
short of 160 squared -- and because it was so incredibly easy, it took
me some time to appreciate just what a great contact this was (first new
one since ZK1XXP which, I now remember, I owe to another of your
telephone calls).

Call anytime.  Call often.

Your buddy,

John N4QQ

--
* John Shew   N4QQ             * Wk # : 202-606-7538(voice)7577(FAX)*
* 9620 Sutherland Rd           * Hm # : 301-589-7380                *