TopBand: NAB Tower Paper

Greg ZS5K gregsmi@dbnpop01.iafrica.com
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 12:01:44 +0000

Many thanks to John, W1FV, for pointing us to this paper.  I
downloaded it this morning and read it in my lunch break.

It is a very interesting and well written paper, and must, surely,
terminate the debate about the efficiency of shunt vs series fed
towers.  I would thoroughly recommend anyone using or considering
using vertical antennas to read it.

My only other comment is that it would have been slightly more
complete, had Fig 15 "Modelled Field Strength Comparison as a
Function of Ground System Variations" been repeated for various soil
types.

Thanks again, John.
Greg, ZS5K