TopBand: BY1QH Info.

David VK3EW vk3ew@rint.com.au
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 00:13:03 +1100

Ron,

On behalf of Peter VK3QI and myself VK3EW David, I would like to thank you
for the
up to date postings, and can you pass along our thanks to the boys in BY
as they sure must be having a hard time on top band.

We have been calling for days now, been swapping antennas around and I can
say even though they tell us all that the band is s-9 most of the time
they sure have a great deal of understanding to be there day after day
calling on
1.827.4 for all to hear.

The couple of vk3's they mention are us two.

Also a interesting note to was yb0ara/9 has been calling sometimes on their
tx freq for hours
totaly unaware of what he's doing, (well it sure sounds like it from here)

Its also amazing to hear most of the  crew from the usa calling qsx up ok,
with s-5 to 9 signals here
and waiting for BY1QH to answer them , (if you could be here listening you
would fall over)

In closing may I also mention too that,   In all the excitment of the QSO
on 160mx with BY
Peter some 30mins later while Just Cqing on the band (Hoping the 8Q7 would
answer him)
had a GREAT FLASH AND A BANG.!!!!in the shack.
The Amp at the moment is in bits on the workshop bench, as Peter said
"Lucky it happened now, and not 30mins ago".!!!

As they say...!!!

See ya all on THE BAND.!

Which Band.?

TOP-BAND.