TopBand: Elevated Radials

CQ K8DO CQK8DO@aol.com
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 08:52:00 EST

I do not see the need for anything approaching a full size antenna at the
generator end....  You want the signal to be vertically polarized and the
height to be as much as possible... I would use a heavily loaded dipole,
either continuously wound, or the equivalent of two 11 foot mobile antennas
joined to a center box containing the oscillator... A small, steel NEMA
enclosure would be ideal....

I suspect that 1.5wl away will do, but further is better.... Also nice will be
to have some kind of receiver in the box so that you can remotely trigger the
160 transmit on and off...

Denny