TopBand: Pacific from Eu

Ryszard Tymkiewicz rtym@ippt.gov.pl
Fri, 06 Nov 1998 11:08:38 +0100

Hi,
Condx seems to be very promising before Pratas and other activities /except
high A and K Index I'v noticed few hours ago HI/.
Jim VK9NS was yesterday on 1824 kHz at 1755 with solid 559 signal.Also the
day before yesterday Gus KH2/K4SXT was with the same level at about 2000 utc
during QSO with EX8 on 1829 kHz.
Any news when E31 group is going to start on Topband?
By the way,I'v just yesterday installed the Pennant in one direction /to East/ .
It has about 2 S lower signals than my K9AY switchable Deltas so I'v added
preampilfier with Plessey SL560 /14 dB/.Now both antennas has the same level
of signals and when I'v been comparing them with VK9NS signal they have been
very similar.The Pennant seems to be a little bit quieter and has better F/B
but K9AY is so easy to change directions...,so I have to test them a little
bit longer.

                              73 Rys SP5EWY